fsfc-discuss

Re: [fsfc-discuss] After some thought

From: Russell McOrmond
Subject: Re: [fsfc-discuss] After some thought
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2008 18:49:07 -0400

David Henry wrote:
For the article that provides links to your draft submission, I assume
you mean this one?:
http://www.digital-copyright.ca/node/4595

The April 18 submission deadline is close enough to justify bumping this
forward on 'my stove'.  Front burners are always on.

Yes, that is the one. It is an article that references my submission, as well as trying to convince people to make their own submissions.

More generally, I think FSF-C would naturally rely on organizations like
Digital Copyright Canada to lean on for this set of issues.  Hopefully
some of us *can* jump up and get noisy in support.

DCC isn't itself an 'organization', but a forum (BLOG, active mailing list, etc) to allow people to collaborate. People in this mailing list can simply join the mailing list there and participate themselves, regardless of what organizational banners their submissions might be made under.

  http://www.digital-copyright.ca/about

The forum was formed in 2001 to allow primarily Free Software folks to coordinate responses to that round of Digital Copyright consultations (Originally called Canada-DMCA-Opponents ), and has expanded from there to wider discussion of technology policy.

  I'm also the policy coordinator for CLUE -- http://www.cluecan.ca/policy/

 Please help us tell the Canadian Parliament to protect our property
 rights as owners of Information Technology. Sign the petition!
 http://www.digital-copyright.ca/petition/ict/

  manufacturers, can pry my camcorder, computer, home theatre, or
  portable media player from my cold dead hands!"