fsuk-manchester

Re: [Fsuk-manchester] fsuk.org, Libre Planet and chairperson.

From: Tim Dobson
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] fsuk.org, Libre Planet and chairperson.
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 21:11:24 +0100

Matt Lee wrote:
I've decided that the best thing to do is to transfer ownership of the
domain to the FSF.

Am I right in thinking, that FSUK is effectively now a meaningless umbrella/organisation/acronym which has, in essence, been superseded by Libre Planet? Or have I misinterpreted something somewhere?

We have an upcoming project, called Libre Planet which will connect
local groups in a similar way to the Ubuntu Loco project. There are lots
of existing groups anyway, and groups can choose to affliate themselves
with the Libre Planet project.
> More information will be announced when I have it.

This is brilliant by the sound of it. I look forward to be updated about this in the near future. I hope that Manchester Free software can have an active and cohesive association with Libre Planet.

For now, I have pointed fsuk.org at the FSF Groups wiki.

--
www.tdobson.net
----