fsuk-manchester

Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Promotional Leaflet

From: Benjamin Webb
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Promotional Leaflet
Date: Sat, 5 Jul 2008 12:01:52 +0100

2008/7/4 Lucy <address@hidden>:
> I've created a leaflet for promoting Manchester Free Software and free
> software in general. It's aimed at people who can use a computer but
> who've not heard of linux or free software before. I'm hoping it will
> be useful for computer fairs and events like the anarchist's bookfair.
>
> The svg and pdfs are up at:
>
> http://lucybridges.co.uk/leaflets/
>
> The leaflet is a4 sized and designed to be folded to look like a 'z'.
>
> I've not done any spell checking and the spacing needs tidying. I'm
> not sure if we can reproduce the floating gnu image on the front (I've
> emailed Matt Lee to find out). Also, I've not actually tried printing
> it so I don't know how well it will come out (particularly in
> monochrome).
>
> Any feedback would be welcome and please feel free to take it and alter it.

They look really nice. I know you touch on it, but I'd say in a more
obvious fashion how the 4 freedoms benefit even those people who can't
read source code and can't program.

Other than that, I think its nice and easy to understand. I'll show it
one of my less technical friends at some point see what they think.

PS. I hate forgetting to click reply-to-all.

--
Ben Webb - http://freedomdreams.co.uk/
Unlock your computing - http://getgnulinux.org/