fsuk-manchester

Re: [Fsuk-manchester] GNOME Release Party, Friday 23rd September @ MADLa

From: John Rooke
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] GNOME Release Party, Friday 23rd September @ MADLab
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2016 08:03:04 +0100

So, maybe I'm missing something, but when? where? and what exactly?

On 20/09/16 17:14, Michael Dorrington wrote:
On 20/09/16 17:09, Sam Thursfield wrote:
On Tue, Sep 20, 2016 at 12:17 PM, Michael Dorrington
<address@hidden> wrote:

https://www.gnome.org/news/2016/09/guadec-2017/
Right, I guess I should have indeed introduced myself a bit better.
I'm one of the organisers for GUADEC next year. Myself & a friend are
putting on this release party because (a) it sounds fun and (b) it
seems good to start practicing event organisation! I don't really have
a "group" that I can refer you to, however. At this point we are just
trying to find out who is interested in GNOME locally, there is no
pre-existing group entity.
Sounds great and a good idea.

Up til now I've not really been involved in Free Software events in
Manchester. I'm definitely keen to have Manchester Free Software
involved in GUADEC 2017; I guess I should come to one of your meetings
at some point and we can chat about how you can be involved?
That would be great.  We meet tonight, 7pm, in Madlab but I know it is
short notice.

Facebook links aren't welcome on the list and shouldn't be part of Free

That's fair, I will not do so again.
Thanks.

See you soon,
Mike.