gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Re: Register as developer please.

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Re: Register as developer please.
Date: 21 Mar 2002 11:06:26 -0500

Greetings!

I'd be more than happy to set you up as a GCL developer (!) -- all I
need is for you to register as a user at savannah.gnu.org, and then
email me you user id.

I am really excited about the progress you've made, and want to get
these developments into the tree ASAP.  Setting you up as a developer
will automatically grant you CVS write access to the whole tree, with
which I feel particularly comfortable given your experience.  As with
the other developers with similar access, I only ask that we discuss
your first few commits to ensure that we are not
duplicating/interfering with each others work, and to work out a sane
policy on who is working on which files, etc.  If you could post a
'cvs diff -u' before committing in this instance, for example, that
would be most helpful and appreciated.

Of course, you can also submit patches if you'd prefer, but as the
development of gcl matures, I think it would be in the best interests
of the project to have several contributers comfortable with checking
in to the tree.

Take care,