gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] conditions/clos/gcl unified build patch and instr

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] conditions/clos/gcl unified build patch and instructions.
Date: 12 Jun 2002 13:51:05 -0400

Hi Vadim!  OK, so I take it you are hot on the trail.  Please let me
know when you get a patch version that doesn't break the maxima build,
and I'll take a look at it and commit.

1)  I'd love someone to do a quick experiment on firing up default
    gcl, creating a package, saving the image, starting the image and
    seeing the package again.  Likewise, have the package creation
    stuff in a file, compile and load the .o, save, restart, etc.

2)  This way, the "lisp" way, should certainly work.  But is there
    possibly a difference between run-time loaded objects and .o files
    linked in at compile time?  I don't think there should be, but in
    case there is, a quick approach might be to just modify the
    unixport/makefile to link in all the clcs and pcl .o files, and
    then be sure to call init_.... in unixport/sys_gcl.c

Take care,