gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] ACL's new stuff - semi-offtopic

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] ACL's new stuff - semi-offtopic
Date: 20 Sep 2002 18:46:07 -0400

Greetings!  The one thing I'd like for gcl is a default binary ABI for
third party libraries, as opposed to the approach of building an
interface for each one by hand.  Like using fortran libs from C.
Don't really know how to do it interpreted, but for compilation, one
ought to be able to include the library header and the user's library
call in a C file and have the compiler catch usage errors as normal.

Not any time soon, alas.

Take care,