gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Re: GCL ACL2 - gc$ and contrl-C

From: Jacques Mequin
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Re: GCL ACL2 - gc$ and contrl-C
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 14:34:54 +0200

>>  I would appreciate it very much if you could try the Windows
>>  "2.5.4.japi.xdr.20030815" binary on Camm's temporary download site:
>>
>>  http://people.debian.org/~camm/gcl/stable-binary/

I have tried and, so far, everything seems to work including the "control-c"

Regarding the gc$ (that I used to call to reduce the change of garbage
collector "fixnum" error with the 2.5.0) it does now return the following
message

    Error: LISP:GBC [or a callee] requires more than zero arguments.
    Fast links are on: do (si::use-fast-links nil) for debugging
    Error signalled by LISP:GBC.
    Broken at COND.  Type :H for Help.

This is ok to me since the garbage collector bug is gone

I am sorry, most of my troubles seem to having been caused by the
"gcl-2.5.3-ansi-japi-xdr.20030701_mingw32.zip" pulled from the cvs

In fact, I should have built GCL from the source files but my "cygwin"
environment does still fail with some errors
I need to communicate with you on this subject, but right now, I am in the
middle of a management mess that takes 100% of my time

Texas Instruments does uses hundreds of Sun Sparc, and pc linux farms
But, all laptops are still windows XP based

This is why Win32 images was important for me

Regards,
  Jacques