gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Which option to maximize architecture portability on gcl-2.6

From: David MENTRE
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Which option to maximize architecture portability on gcl-2.6.1
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2003 09:29:58 +0200

Hello Camm,

I have yet another question on gcl-2.6.1. I noticed that my current
gcl-2.6.1 on my Celeron machine is using the -march=pentiumpro gcc
flag.

In the eventuality where I would like to compile a static version of
Axiom portable on any usable x86 machine (pentium or greater), which
option should I give to gcl configure to have something like -march=i586
given to gcc?

In other words, even if I compile Axiom with gcl-2.6.1 on latest Athlon
or Pentium 4 machine, I would like to have a binary runnable on any x86
machine (except maybe i486 and i386).

Yours,
d.
--