gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] trying to finalize the windows issues ...

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] trying to finalize the windows issues ...
Date: 27 May 2004 16:22:36 -0400

Greetings!

"Mike Thomas" <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi all.
>
> | I'm wary as I don't understand how a short C stack would have caused the
> | ignore-errors path handling failure - the test passes may just be
> | good luck.
>
> Building with --enable-debug mode gcc 3.4.0; without debug and gcc 3.3.3
> triggers the Maxima ignore-errors problem so I'm forced to conclude that the
> stack size alteration both with and without Camm's patches did not really
> help.  In fact with the extended stack the gcc 3.4.0 optimised build doesn't
> even complete.

1) I thought we still had problems with >=3.3.3 vs. 3.3.1, no?  In
   general, I'm afraid I'm a bit behind on the latest status and could
   really use a complete summary of known bugs.

2) Having a build fail with an extended stack should give us a clue?
   How are you extending the stack, and how does it fail?

Take care,