gcl-devel

RE: [Gcl-devel] GCL on Cygwin

From: Billinghurst, David (CALCRTS)
Subject: RE: [Gcl-devel] GCL on Cygwin
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 15:12:26 +1000

> After failing to compile on Cygwin ...

I have been using gcl under mingw and clisp on cygwin to build maxima.  I had
a feeble attempt at porting gcl to cygwin a while ago, and came across the
issues you mention.  Some of the fixes are trivial, but I didn't have the
enegry to work through the unexec code.

I understand that NT unexec code was lifted from emacs.  It may be worth
looking
at the current cygwin emacs source.

Reecently I tried to build axiom using gcl/mingw :-(  It may be easier to build
gcl
under cygwin and proceed from there.