gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] Want GCL for FreeBSD and Linux

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] Want GCL for FreeBSD and Linux
Date: 22 Jun 2004 13:18:01 -0400

Greetings!

Jeff Dalton <address@hidden> writes:

> I have reached a point where I have time to try a modern GCL
> on FreeBSD and Linux, and I'm wondering whether there is a
> release I should try or whether I need to get the CVS sources
> or something else.

Right now I'd suggest if you want stable gcl for 'traditional usage,
uses 2.6.2pre, if you need a lot of ansi features, use cvs head.

export CVS_RSH=ssh
export CVSROOT=:ext:address@hidden:/cvsroot/gcl
cvs -z9 -q co -d gcl-2.6.2pre -r Version_2_6_2pre gcl
cvs -z9 -q co -d gcl-2.7.0

cd <source>

./configure [ --enable-dynsysgmp ] [ --enable-ansi ] && make

> At some point, I will need to do something equivalent to the
> old si:faslink to load C code that needs C libraries; but I
> won't need to do that for my initial tests.

OK, please let us know your loading needs as they arise.

Take care,