gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] SuSE 9.2 lacking asection._raw_size

From: Erik J Pearson
Subject: [Gcl-devel] SuSE 9.2 lacking asection._raw_size
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 17:39:37 -0700

I've been trying to rebuild some software packages
under SuSE 9.2, but gcl is having problems.

The included /usr/include/bfd.h struct asection
does not have a _raw_size member.  It does have

  /* The size of the section in octets, as it will be output.
     Contains a value even if the section has no contents (e.g., the
     size of <<.bss>>).  */
  bfd_size_type size;

  /* For input sections, the original size on disk of the section, in
     octets.  This field is used by the linker relaxation code.  It is
     currently only set for sections where the linker relaxation scheme
     doesn't cache altered section and reloc contents (stabs, eh_frame,
     SEC_MERGE, some coff relaxing targets), and thus the original size
     needs to be kept to read the section multiple times.
     For output sections, rawsize holds the section size calculated on
     a previous linker relaxation pass.  */
  bfd_size_type rawsize;

The missing _raw_size leads to the error:

gcc -c -Wall -DVOL=volatile -fsigned-char -pipe -O3 -fomit-frame-pointer
-I/home/erikp/lang/lisp/gcl/gcl-2.6.5/o -I../h -I../gcl-tk sfasl.c
In file included from sfasl.c:40:
sfaslbfd.c: In function `fasload':
sfaslbfd.c:266: error: structure has no member named `_raw_size'
sfaslbfd.c:291: error: structure has no member named `_raw_size'
sfaslbfd.c:356: error: structure has no member named `_raw_size'
make[1]: *** [sfasl.o] Error 1

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

--erikp--