gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] GCL_TK_SERVER setting

From: Peter Wood
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] GCL_TK_SERVER setting
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 12:06:51 +0100

Hi

On Mon, Feb 14, 2005 at 12:43:13PM -0500, Camm Maguire wrote:

> BTW, has anyone checked out
>
> (load (si::string-concatenate si::*lib-directory* "gcl-tk/demos/widget.lisp"))
>  or
>
> bin/info
>
> in a built gcl tree?  There appears to have been a lot of work put
> into this TK stuff, and it would be nice to robustify and polish.

Very impressive.  A few of the demos produce errors, probably because
they were written for an older version of TK, but they get handled
nicely.  I needed to do (tkconnect) before loading widget.lisp
otherwise I got an error message to the effect that tk-do was
undefined (!?)

The bin/info command works, but leaves the terminal in a mess when it
exits.

Regards,
Peter