gcl-devel

RE: [Gcl-devel] HEAD and GBC on Windows.

From: Mike Thomas
Subject: RE: [Gcl-devel] HEAD and GBC on Windows.
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 12:41:37 +1000

Hi Camm.

| Thanks!  I had to revert the append however as it appears to
| be invalid lisp (unless I'm missing something as is always
| quite likely!) and broke the unix build.  We need also to
| synchronize here with CVS head whatever we finally settle on.

| I'm not sure how you got the old version working.  Please let
| me know if I've broken things for you by accident.
|
| As for the device, I'll try a fix shortly.

Sorry about that.  I suppose the differing +/-winnt branches led to code
which was valid here but not on the Eastern seaboard of the North
American continent under Linux.

In any event, your changes over the weekend (including the device
related ones) worked this morning on Windows thank you.

| Here's a little explanation of this admittedly cryptic piece of
| code -- perhaps we should decide as a project to eschew such
| forms for the sake of legibility:

It would help, but you could equally choose to eschew Lisp maintainers
such as your's truly who can't read Lisp - besides, why should the Lisp
code in our source tree be treated more rigourously than the C code!

More problems for your most congenial consideration sent separately.

Cheers

Mike Thomas.