gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] ASDF 2.32 released

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] ASDF 2.32 released
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2013 18:47:54 -0500

Greetings!

The 2.6.8pre branch is basically ready, and effectively in use as stable
gcl.  I've been working on the experimental branch recently, and it
looks like this will be cvs head.  If anyone is interested, please check
out and try the build, though I'm too busy to chase down failures here
at the moment.  Still too many changes going on.  Be forewarned that the
bootstrap is currently slow, the compiler speed is not yet optimal, but
the code produced is pretty good.  The final pass setting the function
signatures will fail at the moment (in ansi), as pcl cannot be
recompiled easily.  But an ansi image should be nonetheless produced.
I'll try to summarize the many new features of this 'overhaul' at some
point.

Take care,