gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Mac versions

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Mac versions
Date: Mon, 05 Aug 2013 16:06:00 -0400

Greetings!

>  Hi, Camm --
>
>      System Software Overview:
>
>        System Version: Mac OS X 10.6.8 (10K549)
>        Kernel Version: Darwin 10.8.0

Thanks so much!  I had a user report an error on mac 'mountain lion'
which is '10.8'.  I'm guessing yours is somewhat earlier.

BTW, one other item -- in debugging, I've often found it convenient to
issue a few quick commands to get a fresh system image off of a new gcl
image being tested.  Axiom for example has at several stages '(load
"...make-foo.lisp")(gbc t) (spad-save "bar")' that will link in a new
gcl even on a slow machine in a few seconds.  With acl2, the equivalent
seems to require at least ~30min of compilation to get a new
saved_acl2.gcl.  Is there a shortcut?  Preferably one which does not
compile, only loads previously compiled .o files?

Take care,