gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] GCL as gcc front end?

From: Garreau\, Alexandre
Subject: [Gcl-devel] GCL as gcc front end?
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2018 18:33:36 +0100

Hi,

Some time ago I was discussing with a friend about the number of
redundancy and turing-complete language implementation (33~37) software
project in GNU, especially lisp (~9), and came the question of what was
could and did use as a gcc frontend, and I found all these threads about
the amazing idea of gcl being integrated as a gcc frontend.

These threads were from years ago, and I’m asking myself: what’s the
status of the current situation? has anything be done in this direction?
if not why?