gcmd-devel

Re: [gcmd-dev] [gcmd-usr] Configuring mountable devices

From: Uwe Scholz
Subject: Re: [gcmd-dev] [gcmd-usr] Configuring mountable devices
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2022 19:13:23 +0200

Hi Michael,

Am Tue, 5 Jul 2022 01:07:56 +0200 schrieb mi:

> Well, in settings, i configured a device /dev/sdd1 and its mountpoint
> according to an entry in /etc/fstab but alas, that dii'nt work.
>
> [MM] Opening connection
> [MM] Mounting device
> [MM] mounting /dev/sdd1
> [MM] Mount command: mount /dev/sdd1
> Segmentation fault
>
> But when i changed the device to the label, it worked. I will have to
> do more tests to see if it's reliable.
>
> One thing is clear, if a device is mounted from another command
> source (external to gcdm, like shell command) that will make gcmd
> crash in any case. IK don't know about automounters since i've none
> installed but there could be a problem for plug-in / removable
> storage like an USB stick or camera chip.

I managed to setup a virtual box image with Debian Testing and
Gcmd v1.14.3 with debug symbols today.

When Gcmd is running and I stick a USB device into my laptop, it gets
automatically mounted through the Debian's Mate desktop. Gnome
Commander survives this without any issue.

Also when using a LABEL entry in /etc/fstab and mount it externally
through the terminal I do not experience a crash. Maybe you have some
unortodox setup which also influences the behavior?

Best
Uwe