gcmd-users

Re: [gcmd-usr] Need help on Ubuntu 20.04

From: Greg
Subject: Re: [gcmd-usr] Need help on Ubuntu 20.04
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2021 10:06:27 -0500

Thanks for the advice. I may take me a while to try them.. The devices I am trying mount areĀ  nineĀ  Hard drives,each one is named Video 1-Video9. This is on my media server.. I hope I can get it to work. I have resisted up grading to Ubuntu 20.04,because of GC. If I can't get it going,I may return to Ubuntu 18.04.. I have tried several commander type file managers,but nothing compares to GC..

Thanks for the suggestions..

Greg

On 3/7/21 4:43 PM, mi wrote:

I'm also misusing the device buttons as graphical bookmarks by creating
'pseudo-devices', which means, instead of the previous mount command, i'll
insert into the 'device' field just a

        > /dev/null && cd

and it will change directory into what is configured as (not really a)
mountpoint.

For example, insert '/tmp' there and you'll have a fast switch to the temp
folder.