gcmd-users

Re: [gcmd-usr] Passing multiple file pathes to shell scripts

From: Uwe Scholz
Subject: Re: [gcmd-usr] Passing multiple file pathes to shell scripts
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2022 22:09:04 +0200

Am Tue, 12 Jul 2022 19:16:46 +0200 schrieb mi:

> I think the URI solution is even simpler and safer than that.

Good that you found a solution. Just mentioning: You could also have
used "%F", but unfortunately, this produces the following string:

xfce4-terminal -e '/home/uwe/bin/mi-test.sh 'file one.mp4' 'file   three .mp4'
'file  two.mp4''

Which doesn't work. As you can see, gcmd uses single quotes to hand
over the command to be executed to the terminal... Unfortunately, the
addition of quotes is being done by the glib function "g_shell_quote",
which always uses single quotes. ... We could use an own version using
double quotes. But as you wrote that you have solved the problem using
URI's I think I won't do that :)

Best
Uwe