Re: [Getfem-users] Error in compilation of getfem++

From: julien pommier
Subject: Re: [Getfem-users] Error in compilation of getfem++
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 11:31:01 +0200

LUK ShunTim wrote:

Thanks for the advice. I'll do that. Now another problem. :-)
I'd like to use the python interface and while it compiled alright,
trying the demos results in got an undefined symbol error. Here's the
traceback.

<quote>
Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "demo_plate.py", line 1, in ?
   from getfem import *
 File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/getfem/__init__.py", line 30, in ?
   from getfem import *
 File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/getfem/getfem.py", line 39, in ?
   from _getfem import *
ImportError: /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/getfem/_getfem.so:
undefined symbol: _ZN3dal20dump_glibc_backtraceEv
</quote>
Oh, very strange. In your getfem++ src directory, there should be a "getfem_arch_config.h" file, can you look at it and tell me if it contains
#define GETFEM_HAVE_BACKTRACE  1
?

Have you tried rebuilding getfem++ and getfem-interface from scratch ( run again the ./configure scripts) ?

Another minor problem is the "Documentation" and "Links" links on the
web page http://www-gmm.insa-toulouse.fr/getfem/ are not working. A
little sleuthing turns up http://www-gmm.insa-toulouse.fr/getfem/doc/
for the documentation. :-)
Well I don't see what is the problem there, the links are correct here. What is the wrong url in the "documentation" and "links" links ? (maybe you had a proxy which showed you old content - or maybe I am not looking at the right place ;)

--
julien