[Getfem-users] getfem::new_interpolated_fem hanging

From: Andriy Andreykiv
Subject: [Getfem-users] getfem::new_interpolated_fem hanging
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2007 13:24:30 +0200

Good day,

        I have  a program, that uses getfem::new_interpolated_fem. The call to
this
functions occurs many times in the program. The program, actually, simulates
a movement of conductor in a electrostatic field and I use a call to this
function to enforce Dirichlet conditions with largrange multiplier along the
boundary of the conductor. So, for some meshes (not all and not always) when
a conductor reaches a certain position the call to

getfem::pfem ifem=getfem::new_interpolated_fem(mf_electric,mim_line);

hangs. Hangs for a very long time (for at least a night, while it shouldn't
take even a second for other positions of the same conductor). It doesn't
produce an error and uses all the computing power, like it entered an
infinite loop.

in the above case, for instance,
mf_electric is FEM_QK(2,1), built on the mesh with GT_QK(2,1), using
getfem::regular_unit_mesh (with noise ON) and  mim_line is IM_GAUSS1D(10).

Do you, gentlemen, see any reason why this function would hang?

Regards,
                        Andriy
Andriy Andreykiv (PhD, MSc)
Delft University of Technology