Re: [Getfem-users] getfem::new_interpolated_fem hanging

From: Yves Renard
Subject: Re: [Getfem-users] getfem::new_interpolated_fem hanging
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 14:00:22 +0200

On Tuesday 09 October 2007 13:24, Andriy Andreykiv wrote:
> Good day,
>
>       I have  a program, that uses getfem::new_interpolated_fem. The call to
> this functions occurs many times in the program. The program, actually,
> simulates a movement of conductor in a electrostatic field and I use a call
> to this function to enforce Dirichlet conditions with largrange multiplier
> along the boundary of the conductor. So, for some meshes (not all and not
> always) when a conductor reaches a certain position the call to
>
> getfem::pfem ifem=getfem::new_interpolated_fem(mf_electric,mim_line);
>
> hangs. Hangs for a very long time (for at least a night, while it shouldn't
> take even a second for other positions of the same conductor). It doesn't
> produce an error and uses all the computing power, like it entered an
> infinite loop.
>
> in the above case, for instance,
> mf_electric is FEM_QK(2,1), built on the mesh with GT_QK(2,1), using
> getfem::regular_unit_mesh (with noise ON) and  mim_line is IM_GAUSS1D(10).
>
> Do you, gentlemen, see any reason why this function would hang?

No, it seems to be a bug !
Could you try to make the smallest program on which the problem appears in
such a way I can try to fix this ?

Does the problem appear for triangular meshes ?

Yves.

--

  Yves Renard (address@hidden)       tel : (33) 04.72.43.87.08
  Pole de Mathematiques,                       fax : (33) 04.72.43.85.29

---------