Re: [Getfem-users] Help regarding Eigenvalue problems

From: Iago Barbeiro
Subject: Re: [Getfem-users] Help regarding Eigenvalue problems
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 12:55:07 -0300

Hi Arvind,

I never really worked with the Schrodinger's equation and I'm just a beginner with getfem, but I've already dealt with some eigen-problems involving the Navier-Stokes equation.
I would say that GetFem is the right tool for building your matrices in the FEM way with its very good flexibility, but then you will need to learn how to use an eigen-solver, such as ARPACK. You can even link it to your Getfem code.
Guys, please correct me with I said something  wrong!!  (thanks)
Good luck
Iago