Re: [Getfem-users] Example of a simple mixed-problem, or problem with t

From: Renard Yves
Subject: Re: [Getfem-users] Example of a simple mixed-problem, or problem with two variables
Date: Sun, 05 Jul 2009 22:39:22 +0200

Dear Jehanzeb,

You have to use a volumic assembly . An example for the matrix of the Laplace operator is

gf_asm('volumic',['a=data(#2); ',...
'M(#1,#1)+=sym(comp(Grad(#1).Grad(#1).Base(#2))(:,i,:,i,j).a(j))'], mim, mf, mf_data, A);

A matrix for a mixed term can be obtained in a same way with two mf :

gf_asm('volumic', 'M(#1,#1)+=comp(Grad(#1).Base(#2))(:,i,i,:)', mim, mf1, mf2);

where mf1 should be a vectorial fem (for more details see the Getfem++ documentation).

Yves.

Jehanzeb Hameed <address@hidden> a écrit :

I had a look at the Stokes example. It uses model bricks to form the
system. From the documentation, it seems using model bricks implicitly
chooses the bilinear variational form. I would like to define my own
bilinear form to form the matrix, in which I can define terms like
div(q) + c u  (q = vector, c = constant, u = another variable besides
q). How would I go about this?

Thanks,
-Jehanzeb