Re: [Getfem-users] importing data from gid mesh

From: Yves Renard
Subject: Re: [Getfem-users] importing data from gid mesh
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 09:03:34 +0200

On mercredi 9 septembre 2009, Juan D'Adamo wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm just starting using getfem with the matlab interface. So my question
> may be obvious...
>
> I've imported a mesh from gid to solve a poisson 2D problem : laplacian of
> p= div (u grad u)
>       m=gf_mesh('import','gid','pruebafem.GiD.msh');
>       mf = gf_mesh_fem(m,1);
> As I must generate a source term, the vector u=[ux uy] comes from a
> simulation, in ascii, with
> But if I plot directly :
> gf_plot(mf, ux, 'mesh','on');
>
> The plot does not represent my flow. What did I do wrong? There is a
> command to import the data ? (not the mesh, that works OK)
> Thanks for your help
>
> Juan

Dear Juan,

First, if you did not do it, you have to assign a fem to your mesh_fem
structure. For instance
gf_mesh_fem_set(mf,'fem',gf_fem('FEM_PK(2,1)'));

Then, you have also to take care of the numeration of degrees of freedom in
your data ux and uy. The numeration of dofs do not coincide with the
numeration of vertices.

Yves.

--

  Yves Renard (address@hidden)       tel : (33) 04.72.43.87.08
  Pole de Mathematiques, INSA-Lyon             fax : (33) 04.72.43.85.29

---------