Re: [Getfem-users] compilation and computation issues

From: Martin Genet
Subject: Re: [Getfem-users] compilation and computation issues
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 15:38:54 -0800

Hi Kostas,

Many thank for your prompt and effective support.

first of all I would like to ask you what is the reason for compiling
getfem yourself instead of using the deb packages from debian repos? I
suppose you want to enable parallelization which is not included in the
deb packages, right?

Well, I have to recognize that I simply followed the instructions on http://download.gna.org/getfem/html/homepage/userdoc/install.html which does not mention the debian repos. Is there a more detailed page about GetFEM++ installation?

Anyway, I will definitely need the parallelization, so... :)

The configure flags used for the creation of deb packages are the
following:

configure_flags= $(CROSS) --prefix=/usr \
                --enable-boost --enable-shared --with-pic \
                --enable-python --enable-muparser \
                --disable-matlab --disable-superlu \
                --with-mumps="-lsmumps_seq -ldmumps_seq -lcmumps_seq
-lzmumps_seq
-lpord_seq"

This may help you.

Sadly, '''./configure --with-pic --enable-mumps --with-mumps="-lsmumps_seq -ldmumps_seq -lcmumps_seq -lzmumps_seq -lpord_seq"''' leads to the same error: '''configure: error: The function smumps_c couldn't be found in the provided MUMPS libraries.'''...

Regarding the problem with mumps, I would like to ask you which version
of getfem are you trying to compile?

4.1.1

 After the last release I think I
have made changes in the configure script, removing some redundant mumps
checks. Could you try the latest version from the svn repository?

Sure.

[...]

Arf, same error, sorry.

With respect to the compilation of your code, you need to specify the
compilation/linking flag -lgetfem and possibly something like
-I/.....include..getfem..headers..path

OK. I think I succeed in compiling (g++ -I./getfem -I./getfem/src -I/usr/local/include -DGMM_USES_BLAS -DGMM_USES_LAPACK -O3 -c -o $(src).o $(src).cc). But not in linking (g++ -l./getfem/src/libs/libgetfem.a -rdynamic -lsmumps -ldmumps -lcmumps -lzmumps -lmuparser -lm -lblas -llapack -o $(src).o $(src)). Any idea?

Thanks again,
Martin.