Re: [Getfem-users] submatrix addressing and assignment of this to a csr

From: Andriy Andreykiv
Subject: Re: [Getfem-users] submatrix addressing and assignment of this to a csr matrix
Date: Wed, 4 May 2011 11:42:05 +0200

Hi Umut,

Regarding the assignment, probably the easiest way is:
if A and B are your matrices and you want to place a part of A into a
part of B (or the whole A into part of B, or any combinations)
do:

gmm::copy(  gmm::sub_matrix(A, gmm::sub_interval(startAX, sizeAX),
gmm::sub_interval(startAY, sizeAY)),
                   gmm::sub_matrix(B, gmm::sub_interval(startBX,
sizeBX), gmm::sub_interval(startBY, sizeBY))   )
of course the sizes should match: sizeAXY=sizeBXY etc. .

besides the intervals you can use sorted and unsorted indices

regarding the iterating on the components of a matrix read:
http://download.gna.org/getfem/html/homepage/gmm/inside.html#how-to-iterate-on-a-matrix

Best regards,
                        Andriy