[Getfem-users] submatrix addressing and assignment of this to a csr matr

From: Umut Tabak
Subject: [Getfem-users] submatrix addressing and assignment of this to a csr matrix
Date: Tue, 03 May 2011 16:44:55 +0200

Dear all,

I was using ublas for some matrix interfacing operations however they lack an efficient addressing scheme for a submatrix. Since gmm++ is designed to be used in a FE framework, I thought that it could give me what I like.

Here is my goal: I would like assign to some sparse matrices which I have the structure, the nnz info for rows or so, I also read the documentation and sub_index seems to be the answer and later on sub_matrix returns a reference to a matrix.

So the questions are

+ what would be the most efficient way to assign this matrix(or the reference) to a csr or csc matrix? + what would be the most efficient way to iterate over the nnz of this newly generated matrix?

Best wishes,
Umut