Re: [Getfem-users] coupling PDEs with linear terms

From: Yves Renard
Subject: Re: [Getfem-users] coupling PDEs with linear terms
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2011 13:21:20 +0200

On lundi 6 juin 2011, Alice Nicolas wrote:
> Dear getfem users,
>
> I have a very beginner's question.
> I am trying to solve a system of 2 PDE (variables u and p) that are
> coupled through linear terms. As a crude example, Eq(1): Laplacian(u)=p,
> Eq (2): Laplacian(p)=x, and boundary conditions.
> I figured out that I need to add an explicit term to the tangent system
> in order to account for the linear term -p in Eq (1). Is it the correct
> way of tackling this problem? Would someone have some example of
> programming such coupling of PDE (or of the declaration of the matrix
> and the use of the add_explicit_matrix brick in case I am correct)?
>
> Thank you very much for your invaluable help!!
> Best regards,
> Alice Nicolas

This is indeed the simplest mean to perform a coupling. The other mean is to
write a new brick, but this not possible for the moment directly with the
matlab/scilab/python interface.

Yves.

--

  Yves Renard (address@hidden)       tel : (33) 04.72.43.87.08
  Pole de Mathematiques, INSA-Lyon             fax : (33) 04.72.43.85.29

---------