[Getfem-users] Python - Salome Interface

From: Christof Baeuerle
Subject: [Getfem-users] Python - Salome Interface
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2011 09:17:43 +0200

Dear all,

I would like to ask if there is a possible interest to extend GetFem
with a Salome Interface.
The Salome Platform is a powerful simulation Pre- and Postprocesser for
the generations of meshes and also for the visualization of simulation
results. Similar to GetFem Salome is written in C++ and also Open Source
with LGPL License.

http://www.salome-platform.org/
http://www.salome-platform.org/about/user-section/salome-brochure/salome-brochure

The Salome Platform has also a Python interface and I think the
combination of Salome and GetFem could become very powerful.
It would be possible to combine the two systems with Python, and it
would be sufficient to be able to read and write the Med File Format.

If there is an interest in this topic I could provide a draft Version
for a VTK to Med C++ Interface.

I'd really appreciate to know your opinion.

Regards

-
Christof Bäuerle

Bäuerle System-Software