Re: [Getfem-users] Integro-differential equations

From: Yves Renard
Subject: Re: [Getfem-users] Integro-differential equations
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2013 23:04:19 +0100 (CET)

Dear Ivan,

Yes, if you can expand K(x,x') in \sum (a_k b_l \phi_k(x') \phi_l(x)), you can
compute two separate matrices and obten what you want. But this is a case where
you can approximate  K(x,x') with a finite element method, which does not
correspond to most of interesting cases where the kernel has singularities ...
you are right.

> To do it I need some data from FEM. Exactly, I need base functions and
> coordinates of
> area it's defined on. Can getFEM provide this data?

You can obtain the expression of shape function on the reference element and
the expression of the transformation to the real element (in case of affine
transformations). You can also interpolate the shape functions on any points.

Yves.