[Getfem-users] Non-polynomial basis functions

From: Torquil Macdonald Sørensen
Subject: [Getfem-users] Non-polynomial basis functions
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2014 21:03:59 +0200

Hi!

On the Getfem web page it says "Extensions are provided to describe
Hermite elements, piecewise polynomial or non-polynomial elements,
vector elements and XFEM.":

http://download.gna.org/getfem/html/homepage/

How would I go about constructing a mesh_fem that uses e.g. the
exponential function in the definition of a basis function? After
reading mesh_fem.cc, I know how to specify polynomial basis functions.
But I have not found any examples of non-polynomial mesh_fem's other
than piecewise polynomial composite mesh_fem's.

Best regards
Torquil Sørensen