Re: [Getfem-users] Non-polynomial basis functions

From: Yves Renard
Subject: Re: [Getfem-users] Non-polynomial basis functions
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2014 21:19:35 +0200 (CEST)

Dear Torquil,

There is an example in getfem_mesh_fem_global_function.cc which allows to
define a mesh_fem  with some arbitry global functions (i.e. a spectral method).
Moreover, with getfem_mesh_fem_product.cc it is possible to obtain the
mulitplication of standard polynomial shape functions with these global
functions. It is in fact possible to define some elements with non-polynomial
shape functions by derivating the class getfem::fem<FUNC> (see getfem_fem.h)
where FUNC should be a class provinding a certain number of operations such as
derivative and eval.

Yves.