Re: Local stiffness matrix of an each element

From: Yves Renard
Subject: Re: Local stiffness matrix of an each element
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 2020 20:32:58 +0200 (CEST)

Dear Heungson Lee,

There is indeed no specific function to extract an elementary matrix in Getfem
from the python interface. Of course, one way is to define a discontinuous
element method corresponding to the finite element you use and then perform an
assembly. Doing that, you will have separate elementary matrices ...

If you just want to see what is going on with the elementary matrix, you can
also just use the "Print" command of the weak form language (for instance for a
Poisson problem "Print(Grad_u.Grad_Test_u)").

Best regards,

Yves