[gfsd]Re: Serveez

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: [gfsd]Re: Serveez
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 11:49:32 -0700 (MST)

      It is known to compile and run on GNU/Linux systems, as well as other
      32-bit and 64-bit flavours of Unix,

That wording implies GNU/Linux is a flavor of Unix.  That's not
so--GNU's Not Unix.  So please suggest different wording to him.

       The full user and developer documentation can always be obtained at
       http://www.textsure.net/~ela/serveez/. There you will find news, the
       source ChangeLog and a lot more information about the package in general.

    How about storing the documentation on www.gnu.org as well?

The words "how about" imply a request, a suggestion.  This is more
than just a request.  This is a GNU Project policy that we expect
maintainers to follow, and it is included in the policy list that he
has presumably already agreed to.  It is very important for us to have
this information (or at least most of it) on www.gnu.org.

Would you please write to him reminding him that all the pages should
be put on www.gnu.org?

Webmasters, please pay attention and make sure that *every* new GNU
package really has *all* its web pages on www.gnu.org (aside from mail
archives, pages that access databases, etc), unless I agree to an
exception.  Don't let any go astray.  There are some old packages that
got handled wrong for various historical reasons, and some of these
will be hard to fix, but let's not let more problems develop due to
inattention.

Ok, guys?