[gfsd]Re: address@hidden: [Savannah-hackers] new package: qexo]

From: Hugo Gayosso
Subject: [gfsd]Re: address@hidden: [Savannah-hackers] new package: qexo]
Date: Wed, 08 May 2002 21:15:22 -0400

Loic Dachary <address@hidden> writes:

>       I'm a bit embarassed because I can't seem to find a trace of
> the fact that Qexo is part of the GNU project. However Per Bothner
> is well known and I suspect he would not ask this modification if
> Qexo was not indeed part of the GNU project. Can you provide some
> feedback on this please ?

Executive summary:

   Yes Qexo was dubbed GNU software by RMS on May 3rd. 2002

   new-gnu: please DTRT with qexo.

Details of the investigation:

This kind of questions can be better answered by <address@hidden>,
but I will try to do my best.

fencepost$ grep -i qexo /gd/gnuorg/maintainers
[ Nothing ]

So this would mean that it is NOT a GNU package, but let's do some
more research:

$ grep -i qexo /com/archive/new-gnu
Subject: Qexo
I hereby dub qexo a GNU package.
new-gnu people, could you please enter qexo in gnuorg/maintainers,
I hereby dub qexo a GNU package.
new-gnu people, could you please enter qexo in gnuorg/maintainers,
I hereby dub qexo a GNU package.
new-gnu people, could you please enter qexo in gnuorg/maintainers,

Ah!, at least there is something there, digging the message from the
archive, I found that it was sent by RMS on: Fri, 3 May 2002 12:25:52
- -0600 (MDT)

So, I guess the new-gnu people hasn't had the chance to update
maintainers, but Qexo is in fact a GNU package as of that date.

Doing some more research, I didn't receive that message (I receive
messages sent to new-gnu), so I guess that maybe the new-gnu people
didn't receive it either (I am copying them here).  Another
interesting fact is that there are three copies of the message in the
archive!

Mail system problems??

Greetings,
- --