ghm-discuss

Re: [Ghm-discuss] GHM in Latin/South America

From: Rodrigo Rodrigues da Silva
Subject: Re: [Ghm-discuss] GHM in Latin/South America
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 17:44:04 -0200

On 19-10-2010 04:52, Jose E. Marchesi wrote:
> Hi.
>
>     I've been talking to some people at Latinoware[0] organization and
>     it seems we can get a room for at least half a day.
>
> A half a day event would fit better as a "GNU get-together" event than
> a GNU Hackers Meeting, IMHO.  Could be a good opportunity to meet
> other GNU hackers and to start preparing a complete GHM.

Jose, I agree with you, it would fit better as a get-together.

> I like the idea of making a GHM in South America a lot.  If it is
> organized and announced with enough anticipation I am sure several
> European GNU hackers (including me) will be attending as well.

Anyway, I like the idea of European and North American hackers coming as
well! We could organize a GHM along a major event such as FISL (June
29th - July 2nd 2011, Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil), or also a separate
thing in a major city as São Paulo or Rio. Although, I prefer the first
option which has already proven to be successful in previous GHM's.

--
Rodrigo Rodrigues da Silva

PoliGNU - Grupo de Estudos de Software Livre da Poli/USP
GNU Project