ghm-discuss

Re: [Ghm-discuss] GHM 2020 CCC or Dock Europe location

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: [Ghm-discuss] GHM 2020 CCC or Dock Europe location
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2019 16:11:17 +0200

On Mon, Sep 30, 2019 at 03:35:45PM +0200, Tim R??hsen wrote:

     > This dock-europe place sounds very promising.  It's even centrally
located!
     > Tim, as you're in the area, I suggest that you check it out.
     >
     > Personally, I think there is a greater sense of community if everyone
     > eats in the same place, so if we can negotiate a package deal with the
     > canteen there, that'd be great.

     - sent the account request to Dock Europe

     - will visit Dock Europe on friday to get an impression of the
     conference room (and overall)

     - talked with the canteen fux&ganz:
       - they won't do breakfast (Dock Europe offers this individually for
     each guest for 6???)
       - lunch: vegetarian/meat, 4 different each day, ranging from 4,80??? to
     11,80???. Each person pays individually.
       - dinner: in the evening they have restaurant operation until 22:00,
     so we can choose from the card (or go elsewhere - there is plenty around).

     It's not exactly what John expects, but it simplifies bookkeeping for
     me, at least.

There's never going to be a perfect set of circumstances.   This one
however sounds like the best we'll get so far,  and  the best places
will be taken if we delay much longer.

     As long nobody complains, I will push forward to get GHM fixed with Dock
     Europe.

Unless you find any blockers in your inspection on Friday, I suggest you go
ahead
and book it.

To the people who are investigating the Indian option, I strongly
recommend you keep working: 1) in case Tim's option falls through;  2)
we want a GHM in 2021 (yes!  now is the time to start organising for
it).

     @John About invoices etc., should I take the FSF, the FSFE or my private
     name&address ? How did you do it in 2017 ?

I can talk to you about that off list.

J'