[Gluster-devel] GlusterHPC Error on CLient End WHen transfering Extensin

From: Austin Rock
Subject: [Gluster-devel] GlusterHPC Error on CLient End WHen transfering Extensinos
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2006 18:03:10 +0530

Hi,

Thanks the new toolchain uploaded has solve my problem.  But now when i m
trying to install GlusterHPC i am facing problem.  Below are my system
specification.

Operation SYstem : FC5 64bi

address@hidden gluster]# fdisk -l

Disk /dev/sda: 82.3 GB, 82348277760 bytes
255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 10011 cylinders
Units = cylinders of 16065 * 512 = 8225280 bytes

/dev/sda1   *           1          13      104391   83  Linux
/dev/sda2              14       10011    80308935   8e  Linux LVM

address@hidden gluster]# df -h
/dev/mapper/VolGroup00-LogVol00
                      73G   14G   55G  20% /
/dev/sda1              99M   12M   82M  13% /boot
tmpfs                 501M     0  501M   0% /dev/shm

I working fine upto the stage of Active Nodes and than it`s starting
Extensions to transfer to client sytem. I am facing the follwoing error on
client system.

1) stage3/qutils.gex can`t read
  stage3/fs-utils.gex can`t read

2)Unable to open /dev/loop read-write (Is a directory /dev/loop has been
opened read only.)
The device /dev/loop is zero-length and can`t possible store a file system
or partition table perhaps you selected wrong device.

Actually my partition was unable to mount auto.  So i mounted my partition
as loop device.  B`caz it`s journal file system.

On the server end it gives error as : <ip of client> Failed during
partitioning.

Has anybody tried with FC5 and face such problem than pls. let me know.

Thanks