Re: [Gluster-devel] Question about disk space

From: Sebastien LELIEVRE
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] Question about disk space
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2007 15:40:49 +0200

Amar S. Tumballi a écrit :
> Yep,
> i agree with krishna, AFR is not visible to usr. It should happen in
> background, so why the user should be aware of all the 3 or 2 replicated
> copies? For a user, if he writes 1MB, he wants to see 1MB as used space.
> So,
> showing the sizeof the first server is better idea. (or even size of
> smallest is good too).
>
> -bulde

I'm not confident with this idea of "first" server. Maybe some users
will be interested in the way of replicate files over smaller disk.

the gluster client should be aware of all bricks status.

But you're right, maybe it's should not be an info to show on the df
command, but it would sure be useful to have it on the client to avoid
the user to connect every bricks to retrieve the status of each of them.

Cheers,

Sebastien.