[Gluster-devel] glusterfs and email store problem.

From: address@hidden
Subject: [Gluster-devel] glusterfs and email store problem.
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2007 12:12:00 -0600

I am hoping someone can shed some light on this issue for me.

version info first:

server OS:    CentOS release 4.5 (Final)
fuse:    fuse-2.7.0-glfs5
glusterfs:   glusterfs-1.3.7

client OS:   CentOS release 4.5 (Final)
fuse:    fuse-2.7.0-glfs5
glusterfs:   glusterfs-1.3.7

Mount:
glusterfs on /mnt/glusterfs type fuse (rw,nosuid,nodev,allow_other,default_permissions,max_read=1048576)

Configuration contents listed below issue.

Issue:
Looking at the logs on my mail (dovecot) server, I see the following errors:
mmap() failed with index file /opt/GFS/postfix/vmail/address@hidden/.Trash/.imap.index: No such device mmap() failed with custom flags file /opt/GFS/postfix/vmail/address@hidden/.Trash/.customflags: No such device

These of course are on the gluster mount, and the files really do exist:
-rw------- 1 vmail vmail 6816 Nov 5 21:07 /opt/GFS/postfix/vmail/address@hidden/.Trash/.imap.index -rw------- 1 vmail vmail 100 Oct 15 14:11 /opt/GFS/postfix/vmail/address@hidden/.Trash/.customflags

I was not using posix-locks at first and this same type issue came up but with the .subscription file. I am not sure whether including posix-locks or the restart/remount required to enable it fixed this issue for the .subscription file.

This does not happen when I use a plain ext3 local disk mountpoint. Only on glusterfs mountpoint. Does anyone know why the files say "No such device" when they are clearly there on the filesystem?

Thanks for any assistance!

-Jeff Humes

#################################
# server config:
volume knworksmail
 type storage/posix
 option directory /glusterfs/knworksmail
end-volume

volume posix-locks-knworksmail
type features/posix-locks
option mandatory on
subvolumes knworksmail
end-volume

volume server
 type protocol/server
 option transport-type tcp/server
 subvolumes posix-locks-knworksmail
 option auth.ip.knworksmail.allow *
 option auth.ip.posix-locks-knworksmail.allow *
end-volume

volume writebehind
 type performance/write-behind
 option aggregate-size 1MB
option flush-behind on subvolumes knworksmail
end-volume

#################################
# client config:
volume gluster01
 type protocol/client
 option transport-type tcp/client
 option remote-host 10.1.2.226
 #option remote-subvolume knworksmail
 option remote-subvolume posix-locks-knworksmail
end-volume

volume writebehind
 type performance/write-behind
 option aggregate-size 131072