[Gluster-devel] failure to compile on OSX

From: Luke Schierer
Subject: [Gluster-devel] failure to compile on OSX
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 23:38:39 -0500

Hi,
The wiki suggests that glusterfs should compile on OSX.  When I attempt
to do so, I get the following error:

gcc -fPIC -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_GNU_SOURCE -Wall
-I../../../../libglusterfs/src -shared -nostartfiles -bundle -undefined
suppress -flat_namespace -D__FreeBSD__=10 -o unify.so unify.o
unify-self-heal.o  -lpthread
ld: can't insert lazy pointers, __dyld section not found
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[5]: *** [unify.so] Error 1
make[4]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2

This is with a checkout from arch just today, I am not really sure how
to use arch, so I am unsure how to get a revision number.  the last
couple lines of the checkout were:

* patching for revision:
* address@hidden/glusterfs--mainline--2.5--patch-689
* making pristine copy