Re: [Gluster-devel] Re; Load balancing ...

From: gordan
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] Re; Load balancing ...
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 17:11:11 +0100 (BST)

Believe it or not, this is _exactly_ how my GlusterFS system is set up. :-)

Gordan

On Wed, 30 Apr 2008, Mickey Mazarick wrote:

We have a work around for this so that clients don't see a "blocked" situation. we have a 6 node cluster and whenever a server node comes up it lists all the files on it's "slice" of the gluster mount and then does a find on those files on the main mounted volume. In other words each server is also a client, and does the heal process right after starting up.