Re: [Gluster-devel] Crawling and indexing hardware

From: Daniel Maher
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] Crawling and indexing hardware
Date: Fri, 9 May 2008 12:17:18 +0200

On Fri, 9 May 2008 15:37:40 +0530 "Krishna Srinivas"
<address@hidden> wrote:

> >> Do you plan to do any AFR (automatic file replication) ?  If so,
> >> consider that even a one-byte change to your "big index files" will
> >> cause the /entire/ file to be AFR'd between all participating
> >> nodes.
>
> Marcus, what do you mean by this?
>
> Krishna

You've mis-attributed the quote, Krishna.  What i meant was exactly
what i said : if you have a 5GB file on an AFR cluster, and a client
makes a one-byte change to that file, then the entire 5GB file is
re-copied to all members of the AFR cluster.

At least, that's my understanding of the situation - please correct me
if i'm wrong. :)

--
Daniel Maher <dma AT witbe.net>