RE: [Gluster-devel] glusterfs speed

From: gordan
Subject: RE: [Gluster-devel] glusterfs speed
Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 16:00:34 +0100 (BST)

If you are using files in a read-only fashion (as web content generally tends to be), you can cheat.

If your machines are guaranteed to be connected all the time, and you have DAS caching (i.e. a local replicated copy), use GlusterFS to do the mirroring for you using AFR, and have Apache read the files directly from the GlusterFS cache directory, rather than the mounted directory. This will go at local speeds while still giving you the benefit of real-time replication.

Gordan