[Gluster-devel] Minor feature request, other comments on 1.4 branch

From: Brent A Nelson
Subject: [Gluster-devel] Minor feature request, other comments on 1.4 branch
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 09:19:10 -0400 (EDT)

I mentioned previously that GlusterFS is currently mounting with FUSE default options, which now include nosuid and nodev. I've since been hacking xlators/mount/fuse/src/fuse-bridge.c to add "-o suid" and "-o dev" to the mount options, which works fine, but I think it would be generally useful if a small patch could be added to the repository to add proper [no]suid and [no]dev mount option processing.

1.4 has been behaving rather well. The temporary backport of afr restored write performance nicely, although I guess more recent patches have slowed things back down, again. Also, it does still have the "cp -a"/"cp -pr" directory permissions issue, which seems to be related to the lack of true ACL support. Has someone been looking into what it would take to implement ACLs properly (or at least to just fix the buglet)?

Also, how is the "hash" translator coming? If it's hit a few snags and will still be awhile, would you care to share any interesting tidbits of what we can expect when it's released (advantages vs. unify, performance figures or impressions, etc.)?

Thanks,

Brent