Re: [Gluster-devel] Minor feature request, other comments on 1.4 branch

From: Brent A Nelson
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] Minor feature request, other comments on 1.4 branch
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 09:59:15 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 10 Sep 2008, Amar Tumballi (bulde) wrote:

Brent,

Ok, I will try to add those option support for [no]suid, [no]dev.

Many thanks for the patch.

1.4 has been behaving rather well.  The temporary backport of afr restored
write performance nicely, although I guess more recent patches have slowed
things back down, again.  Also, it does still have the "cp -a"/"cp -pr"
directory permissions issue, which seems to be related to the lack of true
ACL support.  Has someone been looking into what it would take to implement
ACLs properly (or at least to just fix the buglet)?

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.file-systems.ntfs-3g.devel/623/focus=6922

This thread in fuse-devel mailing list discusses the problem of ACL. I did
lot of research with out result inside glusterfs, seems to me like fuse
issue.

This doesn't appear to be the same issue, as it is specific to when default ACLs are in use (I don't even have any ACLs, yet), and it is affecting file permissions not directory permissions.

Thanks,

Brent