Re: [Gluster-devel] how to debug glusterfs with gdb?

From: Amar S. Tumballi
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] how to debug glusterfs with gdb?
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 15:26:57 -0700

Hi Zhouyonghao,
 Sorry for delay in response, we were held up a bit this month. Nice to hear
that you started to write a new xlator. If you want to use glusterfs with
gdb, you need debug symbols to be added while compiling.

you can do

bash# make CFLAGS="-g -O0" && make install

then start gdb.

your command to run the process is fine, but you need to check if your
xlator got initiated or not by using breakpoints. Its as good as using gdb
with any other applications/programs you use.

Regards,
Amar